December 14, 2008

Fictional characters are leading me into spinsterhood!!

If only I could marry a vampire. Or if vampires existed, I'd marry one!! In continuation to my entry titled 'Twilight Craze', I've just watched the movie version of the story and...OMG...I'm even more deeply in love with Edward Cullen!!

WIth all the hype going on about the movie, I had high expectations. The reviews going around were stuck to two extremes; at one end, girls and mums just looovveeee the movie (though I think it's Edward they're crazy about), and the other end, are the macho guys who just hate the movie. In fact, there were two Indian guys who sat in front of me and my sis in the cinema. I could hear them laughing and sniggering while my sis and I sighed and giggled everytime Edward appeared on screen. Half way through the movie, the two guys left. I'm sure they hated the movie. But in my opinion, they were just jealous! Jealous because they couldn't get girls to sigh and giggle about them. Jealous because they were not as good looking as the vampire. Jealous because girls are more interested in the fictional character than them.

Come on....anyone...and I stress anyone who sees Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) will just swoon!! I had fallen head over heels in love with him by just READING about him. But Robert Pattinson just immortalised my love!! I know I sound like some crazed 14-year old but what the heck??! Robert Pattinson already had a place in my list when I first saw him in Harry Potter. Unfortunately, his character died there. But now...with TWILIGHT (and 3 more sequels I hope) he has been immortalised!! Yay!!

I'm definitely watching Twilight again though the DVD that I have now just doesn't do justice to the sound and cinematography of the movie. I'll have to geta better version. Plus, I can't see Edward's eye colour in the DVD. But I melted into my seat everytime he gazed at "me" in the cinema....sighs....

As it is, I already have high standards when choosing a guy. But with characters like Edward Cullen, Jack Harper from Can You Keep A Secret? and loads of other guys....my standards just went through the roof!! Though I know I am being unrealistic but who can help it?

*smiling like a love struck idiot*

I would also like to give a special mention to some other characters in the movie which I thought were cute (character wise): the entire Cullen family (Esme, Jasper, Emmet, Alice and Carlisle, except Rosalie)




No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...