January 10, 2013

2013 - Year of Adventure

A very belated 'Happy New Year' goes out to all those who read my blog! 2012 is now a memory and as we pass the 10th day in January, I can only imagine what a year it'll be!

As I mentioned in my last entry of 2012, I'm starting 2013 with a *bang*! In just two days' time, I'll be off on my first solo journey, out of the Asian continent into Europe! Woweeee!!! If someone had told me that I would be going to Europe, specifically Berlin, this year and that I would be staying there for TWO MONTHS, I would laugh! Me? Travel to Berlin? Yeah right! But...as fate would have it, here I am, trying to finish packing (by rolling all my sweaters, jackets, socks) and trying hard not to have my luggage overweight. It's winter in Germany now, and I HATE the cold! How I'll survive despite wearing layers is something I'll update you on in a few days' time. :p

Just like how I was in India, my blog would probably be VERY active. :-) And also my Facebook.

Right after Berlin, I'll be off to Manila for about a week. I hope I would have recovered from my jet-lag by the time I fly off again. So far, those are the two travels I have within the first quarter of this year. I have no idea though, if I would be traveling again further into the year. Ever since I joined my organisation, I have traveled quite a bit, not as much as my other colleagues; but then, when I do travel, it's usually for long periods i.e. one month in India, nearly two weeks in Bintulu and then another two weeks in India again. This time, it's two months!!

As much as I am excited and nervous about this trip, I'm also dreading the homesickness that I will no doubt feel. Plus the 7 hour difference between the countries is no help! I'm pretty sure I'll have tears in my eyes when I say goodbye to my family. Thank God my room has WIFI. This is indeed a very good opportunity and it would be such a waste for me to turn it down simply because of the fear of leaving the nest. So many people have told me to just enjoy myself to the maximum and hopefully return with "someone". Lol!

Well....let's see how I cope and adapt. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok but then again, I have this inherent fear of people not liking me; of me not having any friends; of me being lonely...

People have also advised me to travel to the neighbouring countries like Poland. But that will depend on whether I have enough money with me. Although it does make sense to go to these places since I am already there, I don't see the point of spending money that I can't afford and then suffer when I am back home. Let's just see how it goes. After all, I have two months....

And so...till my next entry from Berlin!! 


No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...