January 22, 2013

Week 2 begins


When I got up this morning and looked out the window, everything was covered in snow! Compared to yesterday where everything looked dark and bleak, everything was white today!

After changing, eating my breakfast and going online, I looked out the window again and noticed that it was snowing! Not heavy snowing but it was still noticeable.

Bibiana ran late today so I had to go to the office myself. I missed the first bus as I was waiting for her; and so I had to wait for about 20 minutes before the next bus arrived. More people started to gather and I was praying that the bus would not be packed. I reached the office at nearly 10am; that would have been almost late if I were back in Penang.

Since I have a great view from my work space, I spent a considerable amount of time looking out. It snowed continuously. Marie informed me that she would not be able to make plans with me this weekend as her family is coming, so I have to wait till Wednesday, to see if Claudia will be able to make it. But then again, if it continues to snow like it did today, I’m not sure if it will be possible to go out this weekend. Let’s see.

I checked my emails at the office and went over my presentation again. I hate giving presentations! I also met the big boss, Wolfgang. Seems he’s a dominant and demanding guy to his employees, although he’s quite friendly to the trainees. He just got back from Argentina and said he’s a bit shocked at the weather here. Well…imagine me! Anyway, I gave my presentation in the afternoon, answered a few questions and then showed them the PPT video. After that, everyone was silent. Lol! I don’t know if it’s because they were awed or just didn’t know what to say. Haha! Anyhow, I’d say it went well. I don’t think I sounded stupid or bimbo-ish.

I’ll be spending my time at the office tomorrow reading. Since my presentation is over, it’s back to reading. The first article that I chose to read: The International Human Rights Movement: Part of the Problem by David Kennedy (Harvard Human Rights Journal) was not easy! Still not done with it! Thank God Claudia said even she gave up coz she didn’t understand it. I thought it was me being so rusty and blur! She even asked if I wanted to stay home just to read and I said no way! I don’t want to bring work home. I don’t do that in Penang; I’m not about to start doing it in Berlin!

The walk home from the bus stop today was cold! It was -5C. I couldn’t wait to get back to my room. I wasn’t shivering or anything but the thought that a sort of warm room was waiting for me was enough to make me walk faster.

Sighs….was listening to music half way and the soundcard got problematic again! Looks like I have to get it checked out before it gets worse. Hmmm…

Well…that’s all for today.

--
                                                                                                             

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

Can we see the PPT? Could you send it to me?

I am sure Stephen would be so proud to have a look, as would his wife! LOL

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...