January 15, 2013

Day 2



Day 2

Joe, a volunteer from the UK came and fetched me. We walked to the bus station where he explained to me how to get to the office. It was snowing by the way!

At the office, I met everyone. Then we all went for lunch, after which, Joe and Bibiana from Spain took me to get my monthly bus pass and also showed me around the neighbourhood. It was -2C and my hands were frozen!! Thank God I felt warm bodily. But my nose was runny! They showed me around the neighbourhood a bit.

After that, they dropped me back home as I was still a bit tired. I still had no appetite but I did eat half a sandwich at lunch. I Skyped with mum, dad and sis and it was so good to hear from them! Miss them so much!! Then I had a video call with my second parents from Singapore! So good to have such instant and free communication these days.

My body is still a bit hay wire but I should be able to settle in a few days’ time. It feels kind of lonely as everyone knows everyone. Also, they’ve been here for some months now, so I guess they’ve built the relationship. I’ll try hard not to be an outsider but at the same time, I want to stick to what I feel is comfortable and safe.

They have been telling me that Berlin is safe even when it’s dark and since I am a woman. But nevertheless, I do not want to take the chance. I want to go around Berlin, but I’ll have to find company as I do not intend to travel alone in a foreign country.

That’s day two. I officially start softly tomorrow and I hope I do well.

 p.s. Not sure if I'll have a daily update. Let's see how I feel at the end of the day. 

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

It's wonderful to read your thoughts. Skyping is great but some things are lost with the joy of seeing you and hearing your voice.

This reinforces my belief that you've got such a good head on your shoulders!

Love you always.

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...