January 17, 2013

Day 4


 I managed to sleep at 10pm last night coz my hse mate was talking so much. Nevertheless, I still got up at 3am, 4am, 5am. In the end, I decided to just get up and go online.

At work, I got my own work space today with a nice view albeit there is a cemetery right in front. Lol! I get to see the road, with snow covered roof tops and hear the passing of ambulances or police cars. I was also given the office keys. Hmmm....now that says something about the trust they have in their employees whether new or old.

I still can't believe that I am walking, seeing and feeling snow!! :-) 

Anyway, I chatted with Marie (who's married to a Middle Eastern) a bit and was talking to her about my return flight time etc. Then she told me that since it is my first time in Europe and I don’t know when I would be back, I should really take the opportunity to go around. And if I want, I can ask for a long weekend and travel to Paris or Amsterdam; without having to replace those days! I just have to notify them in advance. Wow! What a change from Malaysia. But then again, I am not an employee here so I guess they are pretty flexible.

Also, she said that she and I could go around together or in a small group. I mentioned that I was a bit hesitant to ask the people here as they have been here for quite awhile and seem reluctant to do so. But she said that there is good company and they might want to follow. We could take a day trip on a Saturday. Now I am excited! She also suggested she can take me around even to the museums!!

I’ll really have to think about it and also my finances. Although many people have told me to use this opportunity wisely, I must take care of my finances. Apparently, I can get a return flight to Paris for as low as Euro100!!

There was also a moot court session this morning which lasted about 3 hours. I was just supposed to sit in as it was my first meeting, but I ended up giving one of the arguments for the defense. Sadly, we lost. Lol! I actually felt intimidated being in this meeting with the legal trainees as some of them have PHDs and some are actually working on their PHDs. They seemed so well learned and know their stuff. Thank God I could follow their discussion! I don’t whether it’s me doubting or underestimating myself or what.

Also, I forgot to mention that one colleague is actually cute (or at least I think so); unfortunately he is married to a HUSBAND! They other guys in the office are not really that nice; there is one who actually looks like Andrea Bocelli. On my walks to the bus stop, I’ve seen quite a few guys but none are that attractive. Maybe it’s just German men! Lol! Another female colleague of mine looks like one of those twin girls from the movie "White Chicks".One also looks like Julianne Hough! 

I also went grocery shopping today with Bibiana. I really owe her for she has been following me to work every morning despite her usual routine of going to work a bit later. She’s really been helpful. Although she doesn’t look it, but she is. She’s from Spain by the way.

I suddenly had this fear this morning that I am losing weight and so I’m determined to eat well. After all, I’m in Germany and they supposedly have rich food. I SHOULD put on weight during this trip!!

-- 

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...