January 29, 2013

Week 3


I got up feeling cold today. I don’t know why coz it did not snow last night and there was a bit of sunshine this morning. But after I changed and had breakfast, I felt much better. The walk to the bus stand was OK surprisingly, as the weather was nice. It wasn’t in the minus zone. In fact, the faulty reading meter said it was 3C, which meant that it was actually 5C. The net however said it was 1C. Anyhow…I was glad it wasn’t in the minus region. And Monica, my former school mate who now resides in Switzerland said that it should start warming up this week. Yay!

I spent part of the morning checking my mails and FB-ing; and also looking through what I have to research. I went through two cases and found some parts that can be worked on. So that’s probably going to take up my week at work.

I also spent some time searching for places to shop in Berlin, from malls to flea markets to second-hand shops. While there are an abundant of these places, getting to them seems to be a hassle. While I am trying to be brave thinking I would try and experiment with the bus, it looks like the bus that I take does not go to those places. I would have to use the U-Bahn (underground metro) and that is a complicated matter. Even the locals here aren’t really sure of how to travel with the metro as they usually just cycle or take the bus. Hmmm….

I went grocery shopping after work. Shops here are closed on Sundays, which is weird to me coz back home, all the supermarkets are open on Sundays! I bought my first bottle of wine! J I figured I’d better start consuming my share of alcohol here; otherwise it would be a wasted opportunity. Lol! I haven’t figured out which beer to drink yet though. I don’t relish the idea of drinking by myself, but in honour of people back home who told me to drink my fill, I think I owe it to them!! :p

As I type this, my hsemate just came into my room to give me a bowl of salad! She’s really nice and I sometimes wonder whether she sees me as a daughter!

Well…I find that as days go by, there’s less for me to write. Lol! But if the weather continues to be great, I’m sure I’ll be slightly more adventurous and wander a little further, depending on how far my legs will take me. :p

-- 

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...