January 18, 2013

Day 5


 Day 5

I started Day 5 as usual. Waking up at odd hours. But then, I realized that it is actually normal for me coz even back home, when I sleep at midnight or 1am, I still get up at 3am, 4am, 5am; just to check if my parents are home safely and also because my body is used to it. So I guess my body is slowly adapting to my new situation.

I checked and replied emails and chatted with my sis and had a sudden homesickness feeling. And then I looked at my work plan, went through what I would be doing for the next 7-8 weeks and told myself that I’ll be occupied and before I know it, it’ll be time to leave.

So, I spent the day at work checking emails, chatting a bit on FB and researching. I haven’t started reading the thick file that was given to me. I just have no mood.  Thank God I was told to take my time but of course I will not abuse that privilege. I do intend to start reading it but I just need to tell my head to do it! Lol!

I had another chat with Claudia today and we were discussing about me meeting PAN AP partners in Hamburg and Brussels. If there is funding and the partners have the time and can provide accommodation, I may stay there for a night or two. This will probably happen in Feb but nothing is confirmed. Let’s see.

Marie and Claudia wanted to take me for coffee and just hang out during the weekend. But I told them that I might be meeting Anna; and I also wanted to do laundry and stuff. Marie said we could go to the Nefertiti museum and so I said maybe next week; especially if they are forecasting the temperature to go down to -10C!

I hope I have busy weekends, filled with interesting things to do, even if it’s only in Germany. I understand that the weather is not necessarily very good for sightseeing and I can understand the people's reluctance to go out in this weather. Heck, even I prefer to just stay home!

There was a screening of a short film today at 4.30 which lasted for an hour; followed by a short discussion on it.

By the time I left the office it was 6pm and Bibiana offered to follow me to get dinner since I can’t speak German. I got a pizza and she even walked me home! I kept telling her that I can now go to work myself but she said I am a good influence on her as with me, she HAS to get up early and go to work; and she has more time! J

It’s finally Friday tomorrow and I’m excited to see what the weekend has in store for me. I really hope it’s not the -10C weather, for I swear I’ll just stay in bed all day.

--

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

You're doing great as far as I can see! Keep it up, darling.

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...