January 19, 2013

Day 6


 So it’s Day 6! It should be day 5 but I’m counting it as Day 6 as I’ve been here since Sunday. Blek!

Before I slept last night, I decided to watch TV and there was CSI: Miami. It was so funny to watch it in German. I thought I’d be able to follow the show, but in the end, I decided it was just too much. Horacio speaking in German even though his mouth is moving to English words! Lol! 

Anyway, it’s Friday and that means I have the weekend approaching in just a few hours!

So I think my body is almost over its jet lag and I’ve come to realize and accept that my weird waking hours are actually normal for me. Lol! So now, I just go back to sleep whenever I wake up, and then REALLY get out of bed at 7am. I go online and hope to chat with my sis for a bit before I wash up and get ready for work. It takes me about 20 minutes or so to get ready. Then I either continue chatting with my sis or browse FB while eating breakfast.

I felt much rested today. I guess I’m getting used to it or it could be that I know that the weekend is near. Lol! I don’t have specific plans for the weekend just as yet. What I know is that I’ll be doing my laundry and cleaning up my room. It’s only been 6 short days but I need to at least tidy my room. I’ll probably meet Anna for coffee or lunch on Saturday, depending on the weather, as like I said in my other entries, there’s the prediction of it going as low as -10C.

There’s a Turkish/flea market on Sunday. I might just take a walk and see what it’s all about. Like Singapore, people here tend to walk a lot and I am not used to it. It could be because I’m using the public transport here instead of driving everywhere like I do back home. I guess Vay can be my driver from now on. Lol!

I gave some of my colleagues the key chains that I brought with me from Penang. They are all so appreciative as some don’t even know where Malaysia is, let alone Penang. J My housemate also liked the small bag with Penang icons that I gave to her.

To be honest, I really didn’t do much at work today. I started reading though. I checked my presentation which I’m supposed to give next Monday afternoon, checked my emails and browsed the net. Talk about procrastination. I guess this is what Malaysia and my office fears about giving employees too much flexibility. I’m not saying that my work will suffer but still…the mentality...the thought that you are not doing your work when you’re “supposed to”. Hmmm….

I had my first cup of coffee this evening. Nescafe! Lol! I was advised to drink tea, wine and beer to keep me warm; but I have yet to buy or drink any of that yet. Soon...

--

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

The keychains idea is brilliant!

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...