January 26, 2013

Friday


Friday!

I’m writing this earlier as I know I won’t have the time to update later. There’s the party tonight and God knows what time I’ll reach home. I’m posting this just before I leave my office.

Without re-reading my entry for last Friday, I can’t tell you what I did one week ago. I know it was my first week in Berlin but other than that…hmmm…

So I watched the end of ‘X-Men’ in German last night! Lol! It’s lucky that I’ve watched the movie before so I didn’t need to know what they were saying. Actually, I was watching ‘The Last Song’ before I changed the channel to ‘X-Men’ and although I have also watched that movie before, I couldn’t understand it! Lol! I’ve forgotten what the movie was about. Anyway, thanks to the movie, I slept at 11.30pm. I’d say that’s an improvement from my 8pm dozing off last week.

We had another legal trainees meeting today (there’s one every week) and there was a role play. We were divided into 2 groups: ECCHR and a local organization in Columbia. We basically had to discuss how to develop a working relationship between the 2 organisations who have not worked together before. It was an interesting exercise as it showed us that is was not easy to just develop a working relationship with two organizations at different levels. I was in the local organization.

After that, we made plans for tonight; where to meet, what time, who is going for what. Apparently, the parties here start late. Today’s is supposed to start at 10pm. I’m meeting Bibiana and Linda (from the US) at around 8pm for dinner. Then we’ll go together. Bibiana usually parties on Spain time, which she says usually starts at 11pm – 11.30pm! :s But tonight we’re doing the “earlier” version apparently.

Anyway, boss Wolfgang came to my table this afternoon and said that he wants to have coffee with me, either today or tomorrow!! Arrghh!! He told me not to leave until he came back from his meeting or that we’ll make a coffee date for tomorrow as he leaves just two streets away from me. I hope it’s just casual and nothing too serious that I can’t answer. Gosh….I don’t like representing my organization. I somehow feel like I don’t know much about what we do. Lol! I hope we meet at the office rather than outside, which may take longer. Update: We’re meeting for coffee tomorrow at noon near my place. I asked Claudia what the meeting would be about and she told me that he has a meeting next week with funders who are funding the exchange programme that I’m on now. So he basically wants to know what my first impressions were etc. *phew*

By the way, I found out that Marie is 38 years old and her hubby is 35 (and she speaks Arabic!); and that Annalene (a staff here) is 31 years old and is Albert’s partner (another staff).  Gossip.

So till my next entry tomorrow – on the party, my sightseeing, my coffee date…

--




No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...