January 26, 2013

Friday Night


Well…the night started LATE! Bibiana and Linda were supposed to pick me up at around 8pm and by 9.30pm, there was still no news from them! So I texted them asking if they running late or if they were still at the meeting. A few minutes later, Bibiana called and said that they’re nearby and asked me to wait downstairs. When I reached the bottom of my apartment, I noticed a group of people waiting for me. Not only were Bibiana and Linda there, so was David, Vivian, Kristoff (the cutie) and Stephanie!

We all went to Bibiana’s apartment where we cooked dinner (pasta, bread, salad and wine). Conversation over dinner was on various topics; from drama to movies to authors. Claudia and Joe met us there by the way. By the time we left the apartment to go for the party, it was nearly midnight. Luckily, the place, Südblock was not very far; only about a 15-minute walk. And when you walk in a group, you don’t feel the distance.

When we reached the place, there was quite a line outside. This was so like the movies when you see people having to wait outside, waiting to be allowed in! I felt weird! The bouncer/guard was kind of cute. He looked like Ricky Martin! J

After waiting for about maybe 20 minutes, I managed to push my way through with Kristoff (Bibiana and Claudia managed to get in first, followed by the others after us). I got my hand stamped; gave my coat, gloves and cap to be kept for Euro 1, and it was party time!! The place was sooooo crowded and unlike Penang where we usually get a table, I stood and danced the whole time I was there. I NEVER dance and so this was a first. It felt weird but I just kept my body moving, not bothering whether I looked stupid or weird or clumsy. I didn’t drink any beer or alcohol as I had enough wine earlier. I drank a non-alcoholic drink called Club Mate, which is made of soy. It tasted weird!

Unfortunately, I did not get to take any pictures as I found it so hard to even stand in one place! Sighs. I met Marie’s Israeli husband and he’s sooooooo not what I imagined him to be. He even had BO. I also saw lesbians kissing. Yuck! The music choices were something too. Some songs I recognized; some I didn’t.

So 3 hours later and we left. Walking in the frigid -10C temperature. This walk felt awfully long…Lol! I reached home around 3.30am, texted mum to say I’m home safe and well, and then I hit the sack.

So that’s my first night out in Berlin. Doesn’t sound so exciting but I had a good time.

--

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...