March 11, 2013

1 more day


Berlin really wants me to have a full-on winter experience. This is what I believe, as winter doesn't seem to want to end. The Berliners are getting fed-up and edgy, as they long to see and feel the heat of the sun. But…I guess they will just have to wait. As I said yesterday, the snow has returned; and this morning, just like how it was the first time I was here, I got up to everything covered in snow. Plus…it was snowing!!

I spent the morning packing my stuff; leaving just enough clothes in the cupboard to last me for the next two days. Then I weighed my bag and the scale read: 12+kg. Not bad I should say! This means I can pack another 8 kg worth of stuff! Lol!

Then Claudia called me at around 10ish and asked if I wanted to go see a lake and go for a walk through a forest. I agreed since it’ll give me an opportunity to walk in the snow (again).

So I met her at 2 pm at one of the Metro stations and from there we headed to the west. Although it was snowing and super super COLD, the walk through Krumme Lanke forest and around the lake(s) was worth it. I even ate fresh fallen snow and it tasted like…basically shaved ice! Haha!

By the time we headed back to the Metro station it was 4 pm  We had walked for over an hour and it really didn't feel like it. There were quite a number of people around the lake and in the forest, considering that the temperature was in the minus region. Nevertheless, I understand why people would want to be outdoors, especially in that area as the air is fresh, the area is so quiet and peaceful, and there’s just an air of tranquility that makes you appreciate all around you. Apparently, this place is beautiful in the summer and people will spend their weekends there, swimming in the lake, jogging or just enjoying the atmosphere.

It’s my last day at the office tomorrow. I have one last meeting with Claudia and then there’s like a farewell lunch for me. After that, depending on Yvonne, a few of us might follow her back to her area Prenzlauer Berg; it’s a really nice area it seems.

I’ll also have to go get my shoes if I don’t want to leave Berlin wearing winter boots. I want to go back to the store where I got my boots as there’s a wide selection; otherwise I’ll get the pair of sneakers I saw in Karstadt, which is closer. I really do hope I get to go buy the shoes, as I’ll have no time on Tuesday.

-- 

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...