March 10, 2013

Last Saturday – 2 days


Wow wow wow…it’s my last Saturday here in Berlin!!! I woke up to fairly OK weather. The skies were gray but not as gray as yesterday; and it was windy. I got up quite early, around 7.45am.

I spent a few hours in the morning doing some pre-packing; and already the weight is 8+kg! I went and checked (again!) how much weight I’m allowed and the website said 23kg…so hopefully, I won’t go over it.

So Marie and I didn’t go to Potsdam as Marie got up feeling tired and I was just too lazy. It’s OK I guess. That’s just another incentive for me to come back to Berlin!! Plus, although the weather didn’t seem too bad this morning, when we met up later in the afternoon, it was SNOWING…AGAIN!!!

So we went to hunt for shoes; and I came back empty handed. I looked around for boots and there were a couple that I liked but it was either too high or too expensive. And then later on, when we went to Karstadt, I saw a sneaker-type shoe, and it got me thinking: do I buy a pair of boots that I will only use occasionally back home, or do I buy a sneaker that I can use more often? Since everything is closed tomorrow, I have one day to think about it and then rush to get what I decided to buy, on Monday.

After the “shopping”, Marie and I met up with Anna and we went to a burger/pub near my place. It’s famous for its burgers and my oh my…they were delicious. We had dinner there; and spent 3.5 hours talking about everything under the sun, over a couple of beers. Anna told me that she’s amazed at how well I have adapted to living in Berlin, especially since it’s my first time here and in winter! It snowed quite heavily while we were having a good time, and by the time we left, everything was covered in snow.

I have no plans for tomorrow, but I think I better get a move on, on my packing. The longer I procrastinate, the harder it’ll be for me when I have to rush. And I HATE rushing!

I hope it doesn’t snow too heavily tomorrow as I plan to walk around the area once last time.

--

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...