March 25, 2013

Manila Trip



As excited as I was to finally be in the Philippines, my super short trip here ended in an anti-climax. The workshop that I attended proved to be the only fruitful thing of my stay. Well…maybe not the ONLY thing, coz the icing on the cake was actually re-uniting with some of my Berlin colleagues.

Other than that, the rest of my stay was pretty much boring; I didn’t get to see much except the Mall of Asia from the outside (it’s the biggest mall in Asia), and Marina Bay. I also didn’t get to try balut! I really wanted to try it and I would have if I had the opportunity. Alas, this was not done. Perhaps it’s a sign that there are certain things that I should do with my sis! Lol!

The worst part of the trip was my return flight. Having arrived 2hrs before my scheduled departure, my flight was delayed, apparently due to bad weather! The ground staff claimed not to know what was happening and I had to get updates from my sis through SMSes. I was so worried that I would miss my connecting flight from KL to Pg, which in the end I did miss.

The flight was delayed for more than 3hrs (apparently the plane had not enough fuel and had to divert to another airport to re-fuel), causing me to miss my connecting flight. I was even told that I would be given accommodation as my flight to Pg would be the next morning!! Thankfully, when I arrived in KLIA, I was given a new boarding pass with my new flight; I took the last flight out of KL. I arrived home at nearly 2am!

This month does not seem to be going my way. I did not get to see spring in Berlin, my luggage was then stuck in Amsterdam, my Manila trip was not that fun and of course the delay at the airport.

Nevertheless, I guess all these could be signs that I should return to Berlin and Manila, preferably with my family, so that I can really enjoy the trip.

--

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

Aisehman, You're alive and well. That is the only thing that matters!!!

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...