March 1, 2013

Last day of February


You know…when I first arrived here, the first thing I would do after waking up each morning was to mark my calendar: one day down, (x) days left to go. But after a month, I actually forget to mark my calendar! I only remember to do so when I happen to see my calendar (which is actually just behind my laptop) or when it suddenly occurs to me. Hmmm…

As I got ready for work today (another early morning), I suddenly realized that starting next Monday, I should take out my luggage and start preparing to pack. I know it sounds too early, but when I was preparing to come here, my luggage was downstairs way ahead of time and I was slowly putting things in and taking them out. Plus…with all the souvenirs that I have, I need to figure out the best way to fold/roll/wrap stuff. And…knowing myself, I’ll pack and re-pack coz I don’t like how things look inside the bag. Heck, I even individually tied some of my thick clothes with rubber-bands just so they would not unroll itself while in the bag!

So I finally had my Skype call with my boss today; it was my yearly staff review/appraisal. It lasted for about 20 minutes or so; it was not too long probably coz it was through Skype. Anyway, my boss said that my work has been good so far and that she’s happy with me. We talked about general things for improvement and so forth; and there was also a hint of a promotion and increment! But this will all be finalized at our next meeting when I am back. I guess it makes sense to have a face to face meeting and discuss my future work, possible promotion and other details. J I shared the news with my Berlin colleagues and they’re all so glad for me. In fact, Marie said she was not surprised. Haha!

I felt really good after the Skype call and now…I can’t wait to go home!! Haha! Singapore mum told me earlier this year that 2013 is going to be my and my sister’s year; and so far…she’s right!

We watched another movie/documentary on Henry Kissinger today. He’s one of the most famous politicians from the US who has been accused of committing war crimes and crimes against humanity during his time. It was really interesting to see how he manipulated things to go his way, from the US to Chile to Indonesia and Cambodia. Terrible!

Anyway, when I was back in my apartment, I looked at my calendar and decided to turn the page to March. When I turned the page, I saw all the post-it notes that I had stuck there earlier, reminding me to “pack my bags”, “check the luggage weight”, “check the passport and tickets!!” etc. Seriously…February has ended just like that!

-- 

2 comments:

SFGEMS said...

Every time I see your Singapore Mom mentioned, my heart skips a beat. Hahahahahaha

Shakun said...

Awww.....does it make you wonder who it is? Hahaha!

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...