March 21, 2013

Day 3 in Manila


I slept at nearly 1am yesterday, and I woke up a bit “late” as I sort of “overslept” according to my OCD timing. Nevertheless, I still managed to get ready in time and was at the meeting room on time; only to find out that the session today starts at 10am!

There were a few others there as well, who didn’t know about the programme change. The agenda for the past two days have been constantly changing, so I guess many of us assumed that the agenda would also change for the last day.

The extra hour that I had was spent on checking emails, checking- in for my flight tomorrow and browsing FB.  When the session finally started a little after 10am, it was a short session. It ended at 1pm, with us each getting a small notebook, using it as an autograph book to get the participants to write in each other’s note books. It was a nice gesture and a fun activity.

After lunch, there was a small group meeting that lasted for 2 hours, after which, Chela and I went to Robinsons Place, a mall nearby. We managed to get some souvenirs before heading back to the hotel as it was getting dark.

Dinner was with my boss and 3 of my other Filipino colleagues, and we went to the other side of Marina Bay where the biggest mall in Asia is located: Mall of Asia. It’s apparently 4 football fields wide. It was a massive building!!

We didn’t go inside the mall but ate at a seafood place nearby the mall. We had pork, adobo kangkong, sinigang maya-maya, boiled prawns, mango salad and rice. I even drank a very refreshing green mango shake. It was yums!!

After that, we went looking for balut and surprisingly couldn’t find any vendor!! Both Marjo and I were disappointed but I am going to try one more time tomorrow morning before I leave. I hope I get to try it as I don’t know when I’ll be back to the Philippines (though I hope to come back for a holiday!).

--

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...