March 8, 2013

4…it’s the final countdown!


Surprisingly (or not), there was no sun this morning. Aisling had told me yday that the weather is supposed to be very very cold this weekend; so I guess waking up to no sun today could be a prelude to that. I am once again talking about the weather, just as how I used to do it when I first arrived! Lol!

Anyway, as I walked to the bus stop this morning, a sudden rush of sadness passed through me. I know that it’s because these would be the last few times that I will be walking down the same path/route that I take every morning, seeing things that have become familiar to me these past two months and “meeting” the same people at the bus stop every day. I’ll even miss the people who work at the bakery I frequent to almost every morning. Sighs…

So I decided not to wear my long john top yday (I wore the pants) and the result was that I felt slightly cold but it was bearable. Today, I decided not to wear the long john pants and when I got into my jeans…the metal studs/buttons on the side of jeans gave me a cold start when it touched my skin! Lol! I think I’ve forgotten how it is to feel jeans against skin as I’ve been constantly wearing long johns since I arrived. Plus…my jeans will probably not be so snug anymore as I won’t be layering up!

Because there was no sun today and since it was cloudy, the weather was a bit cold. It wasn’t in the minus region but it was cold. It was cloudy and kind of dreary throughout the whole morning and if I had seen light snow fall, I wouldn’t have been surprised. The sun shined weakly in the afternoon and it was windy. It was a nice cool breeze that thankfully wasn’t strong enough to push me off my feet.

At work, Christoph asked if it was my last day here today as he will not be around tomorrow or even next Monday. I told him I’ll most probably come in on Tuesday morning to say my last round of goodbyes, so hopefully we’ll meet then. J I feel like a high school girl with a crush…LOL…simply because I think he’s cute!

Also, I’ve just realized that two weeks into my stay here, 50 German words were added to my vocabulary. 6 weeks later and I haven’t improved much! Lol! I can proudly say that I know 4 SENTENCES, but other than that…! Hmmm….very very careless of me to be so negligent in picking up the language of the country I am staying in. I’m not sure whether to say it’s a wasted opportunity or not.

Another thing I realized is, since I arrived, no one has commented on my weight or how thin I look! I have not heard anyone telling me that I must eat more, put on weight or that I am so thin! Thing is, I don’t think all the layering up has made me look “normal” sized, so it can’t be that. It’s either they are too polite to tell me to my face and they talk behind my back, or, they just don’t care. I wonder which is it.
So I finally went to the famous PORX pub/club that Claudia has been insisting that I go to. Apparently, this is the ECCHR’s joint for after work drinks. Tonight’s gang consisted of Joe, Aisling, Carolijn, Claudia, Marie, Albert and me. We had a couple of drinks; I had a couple of beers; and the topics of conversation were varied. Aisling and Carolijn were the first to leave, followed by Claudia. The rest of us left around 11ish as tomorrow is a working day.

Marie told me that there may be a small farewell do for me on Monday during lunch. Sighs…. L already I am feeling sadder as time passes.

--. 

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...