March 2, 2013

Hello March! (Final Countdown)


March has arrived and I hope it brought spring with it! I’m really hoping to see some “new” green and at least be able to somewhat see how Berlin looks like when it’s not wet, snowy, raining, gloomy and depressing.

Furthermore, now that March has arrived, the songs “Eye of the Tiger” and “Final Countdown” have started playing in my head, as though I’m preparing for a battle; but in actual fact, I’m preparing to head home. Today marks 10 days left of my stay. Sighs…

By 2pm today, the sun was up and shining brightly!! It was sooooooooo good to see the sun and Aisling said that when she was out earlier to get lunch, she could feel some heat! How great is that!! Now I’m quite positive that winter is slowly leaving, allowing for spring to start and make me happy!! J

It’s Marie’s (trainee) birthday today and so we had kaffee und kuchen (coffee and cake) in the afternoon. We also got her a present: a vegan cookbook and vegan chocolates (she’s vegan).

I left work a bit earlier today to take advantage of the sun. Also, there’s a Turkish market near my place that’s only open every Tuesday and Friday and it closes at 6pm, so I thought I’d go check it out. But…on the way back to the apartment from the bus stop, I stopped by a second-hand shop and spent about 20 minutes there just browsing. It wasn’t exactly cheap but I found a handbag that caught my eye and after debating whether I would actually use it or not back home, I decided to buy it. I know that even if I don’t use it, either my mum or sis will use it. J The shop owner said that the bag is actually new and the original price is Euro 60. I Googled the brand when I got back and found that it’s actually a branded handbag. Not bad! By the way, it was still bright at 6pm! Needless to say, I never got to the Turkish market.

Marie’s having a party tonight and yes…I am going. So you probably won’t read anything about it until tomorrow morning. :p 

2 comments:

SFGEMS said...

I want to see a picture of the bag!

When I retired, I realised that I had over 20 bags. I have given away some already but still have about 6 here in Singapore. :)

Shakun said...

I purposely didn't put up a picture becoz I wanted to show Vay and amah first. I'll post it up once they've seen it. :-)

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...