March 16, 2013

KL and the next few days


So the flight back to Penang was slightly eventful, in that there was slight turbulence at the beginning of the Amsterdam-KL flight. My heart kept jumping up and down and it justified why I am not an air-stewardess.

As we were nearing Asia or KL, I started sweating and when we landed in KL, the temperature was 32C!! I had to take off my sweater and I think I had body odour!! Not good especially when I know I am going to hug people when I arrive in Penang.

Also, I must have been frazzled or confused, as I forgot to go to the duty free area to get duty free stuff, and instead headed straight for the domestic departures, despite having nearly 4 hours of transit!! ARGH!! Well…I guess it’s a way to save money.

Upon reaching Penang, my excitement to see my family vanished when I found out that my luggage did not follow me back. Apparently, it was stuck in Amsterdam and would only arrive the following day!! Argh!!! I was so pissed that I forgot to even hug my mum and sis who had come to fetch me.

We went to the shop straight from the airport. Almost everyone was at the shop, waiting for my arrival. Lol! Comments ranged from I’ve become fairer to I look taller to disappointment on me not putting on weight!! Thank God no one said I lost weight!

That night, as jetlag started to set in, mum wasn’t allowed to sleep till nearly 4am as I kept talking to her. I was off the next day but Vay had to work and apparently, I also disturbed her with all my talk.

The next day, mum had to wake me up and it was noon by the time I got out of bed. She had to wake me as I had to go get my luggage. Thankfully, it arrived and I could unpack.

I once again couldn’t sleep that night; mum was kept awake again and when I finally went to sleep, it was 6.45am on Friday, just as my sis woke up for work.

I went to the office that afternoon, to go see my colleagues and give them souvenirs. I spent about an hour there before leaving to go fetch my sis.

My grandmother and aunt came to the shop to see me and they both said I looked cheerful and good! I guess the trip was a refreshing experience!

That night, both mum and sis warned me that they intended to sleep so I was not allowed to talk to them. In the end, I think I slept at around 3/4am.

-- 

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...