March 12, 2013

Bye-bye Berlin!


I slept at nearly midnight and got up at around 4am today. I just couldn’t sleep. Must be nerves. Of course it was still dark outside, with only the pathways “bright” as it was white with snow. I switched on the radio and tried to sleep some more as I still had 3 hours before I really had to get up. Try as I might, I was still up at 5am and was online. Lol! I finally forced myself to at least lie down in bed so that I won’t be overtired by the time of my flight.

At 6.30pm, the sky was quite bright. I got out of bed at 6.45am and proceeded to get ready – change, pack, pack, pack. I was done by 8am. Then I went online as I waited for Anna to pick me up.

Anna arrived about 9.30am and together with her and my hsemate, we brought all my stuff down 5 floors, loaded them into her car; took a couple of pictures of me and my hsemate, and then it was bye-bye Dieffenbachstrasse and Karin.

Over at work, Claudia, Marie and I had a one hour morning chat over coffee, evaluating and wrapping up my stay here in Berlin. It was a good discussion, with a lot of sharing and information exchange. I feel that my stay here was worth it for both parties.

Most of the legal trainees and I had one final lunch together in the office. We just sat around and talked. Then Marie told me that Joe will be following me to the airport, especially since I have such a heavy bag (19kgs!). Somehow it seems fitting as he was the one who came and fetched me on my first day here. So it’s like a cycle. J

The sun was up today!! Probably to say bye-bye as well. At least it was not THAT cold. Just -2C. Lol!

This entry will be my last from Berlin as my flight leaves at 6.25pm.

Next time round, I’ll be writing from sunny and hot Penang!

-- 

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...