March 9, 2013

3… (and Berlin is crying)


The ground was wet this morning and since it was slightly drizzling when I came back last night, I can only assume that it rained as I slept through the night. Not a very encouraging view to wake up to especially since I was hoping to have a nice weekend. The depressing weather is not helping with the sadness that I have started feeling.

It’s my last Friday here, and also my last day of official work. I’ll still go in to the office on Monday but that’s more for wrapping up stuff and also for the farewell lunch thing. L

So the past two days I alternated by wearing only the long john top one day and then only the long john bottom the next day; today…I’m back to wearing both! Lol! It was a good decision coz the weather was cold today. However, I’m pretty sure I’ll not wear them on the day I leave coz it’s going to be a nuisance to take off all my clothes and then put them back on again when I reach KL. Plus…I think I can handle the cold for the short distance that I’ll have to walk to the car or office or airport.

I went out for a drink during lunch today with Miriam. She’s been so busy since I arrived and she could not believe that I’m leaving next week already. We talked about work etc. My first impression of her was that she’s a bit reserved, but after today, I realized it’s just because we have not had the opportunity to talk before this. She’s actually quite sweet and I think she’s pretty. J

So I tried to sell my two winter boots to a second hand shop but was turned down, as winter is ending and so the lady would not be able to sell the boots. I had thought of wearing the boots all the way home but mum keeps telling me that I’ll suffer when I reach KL and that the boots won’t last in the sweltering heat. Since I couldn’t sell the boots, I gave the one from Penang (the one that gave me problems) to the lady. I’m planning to go shoe shopping tomorrow, hoping to get a pair of non-winter boots that I will also be able to use at home. Leather would be best but it’ll depend on the price. J

The initial plan is to go to Potsdam tomorrow but the weather forecast doesn’t look good; it’s been predicted that it will snow!! So if it does snow, Potsdam is out. In fact, today itself was cold! And temperatures are expected to dip below zero degrees by Tuesday; thank God I leave that day! Haha!

The next two days will be my last weekend in Berlin. That’s more than 50 days I’ve been here but it certainly doesn’t feel like it! Everyone is telling me to come back in summer; in fact, they told me to work hard on the case and they’re strategizing how to get me back here in the summer! Lol!

Well…who knows? I MIGHT just have another opportunity to come back! J

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...