March 4, 2013

Week 8...8 days to go


It’s the start of my final week!!! Looking back, I can’t believe that the last half of January and the whole of February have flown by just like that!!

I slept for nearly 12 hours last night, waking up to find that there was no sun. L I don’t know why I was surprised to see no sun when the weather here is just as crazy back home. Lol! But as noon came around, so did the sun. It played hide and seek all afternoon.

I did not go out today. Yes I know it’s my last week but I am content. I don’t feel the need to do more. I've visited the places that I wanted to visit and seen what I wanted to see. So I stayed home the whole day, enjoying the sun as it shined through my bedroom window, right onto me! I could even feel slight heat! I kept looking out the window just to see the sun. LOL! It’s as though I've not seen the sun before. Hahaha! I chatted with Singapore mum. It feels like ages since we last chatted. We used to chat almost everyday when I arrived, but as time passed, we hardly saw each other online.

I was also supposed to chat with my sis, but our computer “died”. It’s been sick for more than a year and we were told that sooner or later, we’ll have to replace it. Right now, our priority is to back-up whatever info or data we have on the old computer. Once I’m back, we’ll have to start looking into getting a new computer. I’m not sure if we should get a desktop since it’s for the house, or get a laptop. Desktops are now cheaper but laptops are mobile. Well…we’ll have to weigh the pros and cons and see what’s best for us and what’s affordable.

But I am digressing. I spent the whole afternoon watching the last season of ‘The Adventures of Merlin’. I've followed this series from the beginning and when the final season started this year, I was so upset to learn that I would be in Germany!! But surprise, surprise, when I arrived in Berlin, they started showing it here in February, although I’m not very sure whether it’s the last season; plus, it’s in German, so…

The day passed quite fast since I was busy watching the series. While watching, I nearly finished eating my stock of food, and now I’ll have to go buy a bit more to last me for the next week. I ate all my salad and Sneakers bar, ate bread and cheese and finished my powdered hot chocolate!

It’s my last work week next week. The office is going to be really quiet as some people are still in India while some are going on leave. I've got a bit more work to finish, nothing heavy. I’ll also need to start packing!

--

2 comments:

SFGEMS said...

Take pictures of where you live. In fact a short video of you climbing the flight of stairs would be a good one to make.

Now comes the time of mixed feelings.

The home you've known all your life beckons and yet you also realise that Berlin has become 'home'.

Enjoy everything, darling!

Shakun said...

The video will be too long coz I live 5 stories up! Haha!

But yes...I should take last pictures of my 'home'.

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...