March 19, 2013

Back from Berlin…off to Manila


So today marks a week since I returned from Berlin; and although I thought I would get over the jetlag faster than when I was in Berlin, it would seem that I was wrong. I kept my sis and mum awake till the wee hours of the morning, the first two days I was back. Then for the following two days, I was relegated to listening to my radio as they both warned me that they needed to sleep and that they wont layan me.

Monday came and I was off to Manila, despite still feeling a bit sluggish. But I think I am slowly getting over the jetlag. My Penang colleagues and I arrived in Manila on Monday night and I managed to meet two of my Berlin colleagues, which was so nice!! J It’s just so nice to see familiar faces and be at a workshop where I know people. At least this time, I won’t be an outsider.

I saw more familiar faces this morning and it was as though I had just left Berlin yesterday! I also spoke to Wolfgang many times today, which was surprising coz I didn’t expect the boss of the organization to be so friendly. Plus, my Berlin colleagues had told me that he has his moods, though I haven’t seen it so far. He told me all about his journey in Asia and how he had assumed India, China and Philippines to be the same, simply because they are all in Asia. Lol! Leaving this Friday is really going to make me sad.

It was a long day at the workshop, but one that was productive. A group of us went for dinner; we had seafood. When the bill came, it read: Pesos 5292!! It was the most expensive dinner bill I have ever seen, albeit that it was in Pesos. Haha!

The most eventful part of the dinner was when the patrons at the table next to us tried balut! Immediately there were screams and I saw 3 people running to the side (the restaurant was by the harbour) and throwing up!! Next thing I knew, my Berlin colleagues were looking at me, expecting me to try balut there and then!! When I said I’ll do it tomorrow or Thursday, they called me a coward! Haha! I reasoned that I just had dinner and that I was full, so they relented. But I doubt that I’ll get away with it. :p

I really want to try it, even if I throw up. After all, it’s my first time in Manila and I have always said that I want to try it. It’ll be a new experience, one that I will not likely forget.

Also, I didn’t get to go walking today as the session ended late. Hopefully I get to go walking around the area tomorrow and on Thursday, so I can take pictures.

--

By the way…this is my 250th entry!

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...