March 20, 2013

Day 2 Manila


So I think I’m back to my normal time as I have been sleeping at midnight and getting up at 7am. It’s a relief since it’s back to work for me next week.

It was a heavy day today at the workshop. The sessions were really intense and my brain was fully used to the maximum! But it was good. Some of the sessions were repeats of what I had gone through in Berlin, so it kind of felt good that I knew what was going on and that in some way, I was ahead of most of the people here. Haha!

We even managed to finish a meeting that was supposed to happen tomorrow; so now I’m hoping I’ll be able to go out and sightsee a bit tomorrow, and hopefully take some pictures and buy some souvenirs, to remind me of my first trip to Manila!

I’m also hoping to try balut! My Filipino colleagues say that it’s nothing to fear, that there’s no bad smell (smells just like eggs) and that it actually tastes nice. Let’s see. Marjo wants to be with me when I try it just to see my reaction; I think it’s good that she comes along, in case I chicken out at the last minute.

I went to dinner with my ED and two Filipino colleagues at Marina Bay (the place looks sort of like Straits Quay). We had sort of a typical Filipino meal of ‘Laing’, ‘Bangus’, pork, tofu and rice. I must admit, the meal was delicious!

By the time we left the restaurant, it was nearly 11pm.

I haven’t had the time to take photos, so I’m really hoping take some tomorrow, not only with the people here but also of the area, as apparently, Marina Bay is famous and people often come here just to see the sun set.

Lot’s to do tomorrow and I hope I get to do it all!

--


No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...