February 28, 2013

Annoying morning


I got up earlier than usual today as I had another Skype session with my boss who’s in Penang. I reached work early, settled down and got ready for my Skype, only to find that my boss was not online. When I asked my colleague if she was in, I was told that she had gone out and would Skype with me “as soon as she returned”. WTH? I mean, I know she’s the boss, but hello….I’m way over the on other side of the world and with the time difference and all, she could at least be a little more considerate right? At least during our last Skype call, she was online but asked me to wait for awhile (read: 30 minutes) so she could go get coffee. But now…I had to search for her!  

When she finally came online 1.5 hours later, she told me that she was not feeling well and asked to speak to me tomorrow!!! Argh!!!! It spoiled my mood coz I don’t like postponing and postponing things!! Plus, that would mean I have to wake up earlier tomorrow as well! Sighs…!!

Anyway, when I went out to get lunch today, I bumped into a guy (Allan from Uganda) in the elevator. Actually, I didn’t expect anyone to be in the elevator and got a shock when I stepped in.  The poor lighting didn’t help, considering that he was black and wearing a black jacket! We got talking and continued talking all the way till we parted ways. He even gave me his card to contact him so we could have a meal together! :s

Marie didn’t come today presumably coz she’s sick; while my hsemate didn’t go to work coz she too is sick! Then my sister tells me that she is also feeling sick! Must be a bug that’s going around the world!!

My stock of food at home is finishing but nowadays I’m buying stuff in smaller amounts coz I don’t want to have leftovers. In fact, I still have about half a stick of butter that I bought when I first arrived! I also still have a packet of sauce to make broccoli gratin but I can’t use it as my hsemate doesn’t have an over or a microwave; so I’m just going to leave it behind and let her figure out what to do with it. When I first bought it, I had thought that all I needed to do was add water and cook it in a pan; until I Google translated the instructions and the last step was to bake the dish! Haiz!

Anyway, I was home early today. I took a nice hot bath and then had dinner. By the time I did all that, it was…only 8.30pm!! Lol! And I was ready for bed! :D I then just watched TV before hitting the sack.

--

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...