February 4, 2013

2 museums in a day


As I start Week 4 here, I woke up and immediately updated my blog and posted all the pictures that I took yesterday. It was a lazy first half of the day, as I lazed around in my pajamas, chatted with my sis and Aunty Lita and did laundry.

I met up with Clod at 3pm and then we headed to the Isle of Museums once again. Today’s target was the Pergamon Museum and OMG…it was fantastic. Breathtaking! It cannot be compared to the Neues Museum because it evoked such different emotions. I was literally in Ancient Greece, Rome and Babylonia. The spectacular architecture was just amazing. I find it sooooo hard to believe that these were REAL structures; so majestic and grand! We took our time scouring the museum and yet when we came out, we found that we still had time to visit another museum!!

So we went to the Altes Museum (Old Museum) where statues from Ancient Greece and Rome were on display. Another fantastic place! J We also tried to go to the Berliner Dom but our 3-day pass did not cover that place so we just took pictures from the outside.

So if I was transported back to Egypt yesterday, today I went back to Greece, Rome and Babylonia! Wow! It’s no wonder that Clod has been to the Pergamon Museum 5 times before this and still yearns to go back!!

I also called dad, as with the time difference, he would be ushering in his birthday at 5pm my time. He was surprised to receive a call from me that he actually asked who was on the line. Lol!

After the two museums, Clod and I headed back home to rest. We met up for dinner and then decided that we would make plans tomorrow; either go to the Jewish Museum or the Berlin Memorial Museum.

And so another week has passed. As I begin to settle and feel comfortable with my situation here, I find that time is now against me. Ironic isn’t it, when 3 weeks ago I was thinking of going home…

-- 

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

It's the usual experience of everyone leaving their comfort zone for some place new.

You're just the average girl. Isn't it nice to know that?

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...