February 21, 2013

Mid-week…again!


Just as how it was snowy yesterday, I got up this morning to everything covered in snow; PLUS…it was snowing slightly! I had seriously thought that towards the end of my trip, the weather would be improving and that I would at least see the beginnings of early spring.

As I can’t get over how snowy it has been these last couple of days, I decided to make a short video of what I am experiencing here. I shot the 34 second video from my work table, which has a window directly in front of it, and then posted it on FB. I used Google to check the forecasted weather temperatures, and found that temperatures are expected to drop in the next coming days (to minuses), before going back up in early March. So much for my hope of seeing early spring!

We had another celebration today at the office; this time over coffee and cake as it’s Joe’s birthday. Oh…and after Joe cut his cake, the sun suddenly appeared and there was sun and snow at the same time!! He planned to have drinks tonight and initially, I was planning to go. But then I decided not to. I don’t want to sound or be anti-social, but I just didn’t feel like going. It’s not about not wanting to socialize or being unfriendly, but like I said…I just didn’t feel like going. I’d rather stay home and then come up with an excuse the next day, than force myself to go, smile and pretend to enjoy. Plus, I wanted to wash my hair; and for those of you who remember what happened the last time…!! Also, I have a meeting with a funder tomorrow, and although it is in the afternoon, I would like to be fresh and alert (not that I would be drunk if I had gone).

Anyway, as it’s already Wednesday and I have yet to buy my ticket to London or even book my accommodation, I have decided to cancel the trip. The prices of the tickets are increasing every day. Even if I had a credit card to buy my own ticket, I would still need help in getting accommodation there as I was supposed to stay at the Malaysian Hall, which is usually for students. I guess I’m not fated to go after all. Perhaps, it’s the Universe’s way of telling me that I’ll go there another time. Who knows? I’ll just use those days to visit places that I have yet to visit in Berlin, like Kaufhaus des Westens (KaDeWe), Berlin’s most famous trademark department store– or department store of the West. It is Berlin’s shopping paradise, a favourite, and easy to spot landmark. With 60,000sqm, the equivalent of nine football fields, 380,000 articles, 40,000 visitors a day, this is the legendary, largest department store on the continent (although some say Harrods in London is bigger).

Well…I’m pretty sure I’m going to wake up to snow covered things again; and also have the “pleasure” of walking through the snow. Let’s see whether I’m right…

--

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

There is something to be said about accepting all the curve balls life throws at us.

You seem to do it well. :)

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...