February 19, 2013

Montag


I have exactly 21 days left of my stay here! Another 3 Mondays and I’ll be spending my last few hours in Berlin with my new friends and colleagues. Sighs…I really cannot believe how time have just flown by. One minute I’m super-homesick, counting the days to when I would be leaving; and the next minute, I’m counting how many days left I have!!

So I didn’t go for the movie cinema thing yesterday where they watched a Indian movie; and today, my colleagues were talking about it, saying how loooong it was, how at times they were confused and that they couldn’t stand the singing and shouting. Lol! I told them it was all normal for an Indian movie. Hahahaha!

I went to lunch with Annelen today. We had Thai food. The owner or at least manager looked Indian; and then, when we were leaving, he asked me where I was from. When I said Malaysia, he was soooooooo happy. Then he asked if I was Indian, and when I said yes, he was overjoyed!!! Then he spoke to me in Tamil, asking me why I was here, how long I will be here and if I was ok here!! J People in India didn’t believe my Indian roots; and here, everyone can see it. J

As soon as we arrived back from lunch, the staff were having cake and champagne to celebrate the birth of Albert’s daughter (he’s the office manager). In my first week here, they had 3 celebrations, all with cake and champagne; so much so that Claudia and Clod felt the need to tell me that they are all not alcoholics!! Lol! I think it’s good practice, as it’s not only a break from work but also a sort of team building/solidarity exercise. J During this time, my colleagues asked me about my weekend with my hsemate and they all think she’s a bit of a fuddy-duddy. Lol! Personally, I didn’t mean to sound ungrateful or that she’s bad, but I guess her insistence of me going to the blind home and later wanting to see pictures of home was unusual to them. I told them that she’s not THAT bad but it did feel weird coz after all her “warnings” about not liking to baby sit, here she is taking me out. :s

Today passed real fast. It seemed that I had just stepped into the office and the next minute, it was time to go home.

My trip to London is still up in the air. Jemimah is busy preparing her 4000-word essay that is due tomorrow, so she’s replying to my messages quite late. I’m worried as I’ve been monitoring the flight costs and it has been increasing. I expected this as the travel period is next week! But I can’t buy the tickets myself coz first, I don’t have a credit card; and two, I need her to book my accommodation etc as she’ll be the one taking me around. Anyway, I’ll wait till Wed and see how it is. It’ll be a waste if I can’t make the trip; but I won’t die if I don’t go. Sighs…L

On another note, it looks like my plan to visit a concentration camp this Saturday is panning out. I’m excited at the same time wary; after all, it is a place where thousands of people died! :s

--

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

Well, you've come a long way, Babe!

You didn't let me down, in this regard, because your acceptance of things clearly shows how you let the Universe decide for you.

Not many will be that way. So if London is part of the Universe telling you that 'this is it', you'll go. If not, it'll be another time. Besides, I'm guessing you'll find it about the same as Berlin except everyone will speak English. :)

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...