February 10, 2013

4 weeks = 28 days = 1 month!


I woke up to a beautiful snowy morning again. I’ve decided not to be negative and to take the falling snow as a blessing from Gaia; that she wants me to enjoy the snow as much as I can before I leave. J

Today marks one month that I am officially in Berlin!! I say one month coz it’s officially day 28, which equates to 4 weeks, which in turns equals one month! That means I have 30 days left of my trip, which I no doubt know will just fly by me. I texted mum to tell her this and her reply was, “You sound like you don’t want to come home.” Lol!

In a way it’s true. I mean, I am enjoying the sort-of-tourist life here. Yes I am working 5-days a week but it’s not really working. Get what I mean? Plus, I’m definitely the outsider here coz I haven’t been here long enough and won’t be here long either. So it’s a different kind of relationship. Not that I am complaining becoz no one is actually treating me like an outsider. I’m just saying.

I know that once I go home, it’ll be back to the old routine, which I hope to change a bit. I’ll probably feel more energized and inspired to work better; and I’m sure I can spruce up my weekends.

Jemimah messaged me about nearly 2pm, after they had settled down and rested. I met her and her friends at the hostel and from there we headed to the Berlin Wall. Sadly, it wasn’t as impressive as I thought it would be. We were all actually quite disappointed. We did see and touch the wall. In fact, we even left our mark there! But it didn’t evoke any deep emotion as I thought it would.

After that we went to have a hot drink as it was freezing, then we went and browsed through some souvenir shops. From there, we decided to go to the Brandenburg Tor. Although I’ve been there, this time it was dark and so the Gate was lighted up. There, we bought some souvenirs. Actually, the “guard” there will stamp your passport with 6 old visa stamps and give you a visa to go into the West; unfortunately, I didn’t bring my passport so I had to settle for the stamps on a postcard. Still, at least it’s something.

We then went for dinner, after which we parted ways, not before planning to meet up again tomorrow. It was so nice to finally mingle with Malaysians again! And I noticed how much “lah” I used while talking! Lol!

Can’t wait to see what’s up for tomorrow. They’ll be going to the museums and I’ll meet up with them afterwards to make plans for my UK trip! J

--

3 comments:

SFGEMS said...

At least you got to see a part of history! The Berlin Wall is just one of the thing that is a 'must see' and you did it. No fireworks went off in your head, but so what! You saw it and left your mark there!

SFGEMS said...

Oops!
...one of the things that is a 'must see'

Shakun said...

Indeed! I was telling my German colleague this and she told me, she herself didn't feel anything and she's German! Lol! We both laughed!

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...