February 11, 2013

Week 5 begins with CNY


As the Chinese around the world usher in the year of the Snake, here I am in Berlin, starting Week 5 of my trip. And once again, like a broken record, I must say how fast time has passed. I have just 4 weekends left.

I Skyped with my sis and mum this morning and got updated on what has happened since we last chatted. Now that I have the soundcard problem fixed, we managed to Skype for nearly 2 hours. J

After the Skype, I had my shower and lunch while I waited for Jemimah to contact me. I waited for her the whole afternoon as I knew that they were touring the Reichstag and museums in the morning. Nevertheless, the afternoon came and went with no news from her. I figured that they were either having a ball or that they got lost in the museums. :p

I didn’t hear from her till 6.20pm, asking if I wanted to meet for dinner. They had gone on a morning walk tour and then did the museums in the afternoon, hence the silence. By then, it was really dark outside; and as I would have had to take the metro to meet them, I asked for a rain check. After all, I am going to see them in London (I think I’m most probably going). I explained that it was really dark and although I have come to terms with the sky turning dark around 5pm, I still don’t feel secured or brave walking around on my own. I’d prefer a group.

I had a home-cooked zucchini-potato-carrot filled tortilla dinner with my hsemate while we had our usual evening chat. We both had had an easy and lazy Sunday. J

And so…as the countdown begins for the last 4 weeks of my trip here, let’s see what other exciting things will crop up for me.


--

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

Trusting your hunches are always good!

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...