February 8, 2013

Increasingly short entries


As the days pass, I find that there’s not much for me to write about. The excitement of being in a new place and visiting all the attractions is slowly starting to decrease. Perhaps when/if I have something to look forward to, then I’ll have more exciting things to write about again.

So the tech guy (Morris/Maurice) came and he said that the sound card is indeed problematic. He can’t change the sound card as it’s in-built in the laptop. So he gave me a special headset that comes with an external sound card instead. The sound from the laptop will now travel through the external sound card and into the headset, so there should be no problem, unless something else in the laptop is faulty. Yay! No cost incurred!

Anna was cleaning her room and she found a sweater that she’s not using and decided to lend it to me. She said she noticed I was wearing one the same colour yday and decided to lend me hers just so that I have a variety of clothes. Lol! Are people starting to notice my same clothes and pitying me already?? Haha! I think they are being sweet. J

I also had my meeting with Claudia today and I asked her what her thoughts are on me so far. After all, it’s nearly a month now that I’ve been here. She said she’s happy with my work and is happy to see me participate in the meetings and all. I’m doing well. Great! I think I am learning a lot and growing as person. I can’t be thankful enough to everyone who pushed, encouraged and supported me on this trip.

So I wore my new boots again today. There is much more feet room so my feet doesn’t feel as though they are suffocating. The pain is still there but not so bad. I took them off at work though, just so my feet could rest. Maybe it was my old pair of boots that caused the pain and discomfort. I knew it would be a problem when I bought it but having gone to soooooo many shops and trying on so many pairs, I settled for the best that I could find then. I also think that the problem is because my feet are not used to being confined in a covered shoe for so long a time. Back home, we take off our shoes when we go to the office and then there’s the option of wearing slippers or sandals. Here, my feet are covered in two pairs of socks and then stuffed into calf-length boots for 9 hours a day and sometimes longer. Hmmm…

When I reached home today, my hsemate immediately came out of her room to greet me. We have not seen each other for 2 days as our timings were just not right. So when she heard the door, she came out of her room just to greet me and tell me that she had cooked some noodles in some tomato sauce for us; but since I had a dinner appointment later on, she told me to eat it the next day. I get the feeling that she has warmed up to me and she’s found that I’m not some annoying Asian who has to depend on her. Lol!

My dad called me today for the first time. He wanted to see how much it would cost him. And then when he found out that I had dinner plans, he asked whether it was with girls or guys!!! Aiyoh!! When I said it was with girls, he then asked me how many of them!! What is with the inquisition? Lol!

I had dinner with Anna and Clod. As Anna coordinates the Women and Human Rights programme and Clod is handling the two workshops, they both wanted to have a brainstorming session with me about mainstreaming gender and also having a session on gender at the workshops.

Tomorrow’s Friday…again! Wow…back in Malaysia, everyone’s getting prepared to celebrate CNY. Here, the Berlin Film Festival just started, should be interesting to go see what happens.

-- 

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

Well, it can't be natural to have something exciting everyday but even one short entry is better than no entry. Don't give up, yet! ;)

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...