February 14, 2013

Happy


I woke up today feeling energized and happy! I did everything fast (not intentionally) and was out of the apartment quite early. I took my time to walk to the bakery and then to the bus stop. The bus was not that full today and somehow…everything this morning just went on smoothly. Feels like all the planets were aligned and everything seemed to be going my way. J J

By the way, I forgot to mention that I tried “Kumquat” for the first time yesterday. It’s a small fruit that looks like a hybrid of a lemon and an orange. It’s sour and sweet. The first time I heard the name (back in Penang), I laughed! What a weird name I thought. And then I saw and tasted it for the first time yesterday.

The trainees meeting session with Robert today was very interesting. We learned how to dig up valuable information i.e. secrets of a company from its annual reports and other documents. Very insightful and very helpful. I will now look at these reports with a different eye.

The weekly office cinema was supposed to be at the Berlinale this Saturday night; but Marie only managed to get one ticket despite standing in line for 2 hours and being the 5th person at the counter!! L Well…it was kind of expected as tickets are sold out in a heartbeat. So I guess I’ll have to look for things to do this weekend. I might decide to go to a mall on Saturday and start buying souvenirs; or ask my hsemate if she wants to spend some time together. After all, I don’t have much time left. Then on Sunday, I’ll probably go to a Flea market with Bibiana. Lol! If now alone I am planning my weekends, I’m going to have a problem back home when I probably will expect to be doing something every weekend!

I was talking to Anna today and when she found out that I have just a little under a month left of my stay, she was shocked! She kept asking me if I am joking and I had to tell her that I wasn’t! And as I was talking to her, a sudden flash of sadness hit me. I realized that I won’t be seeing or talking to these people anymore. Yes…some of us are connected on FB and of course there’ll be promises of emails etc but seriously, how often do people keep such promises? I already know that on my last day here (I’m not sure if I’ll be in the office on the day of my departure), I’ll definitely have tears in my eyes. I feel sad just writing about this. L

On another note, it’s Valentine’s Day tomorrow and contrary to what 90% of the people said about me getting a German guy while on my trip, I am still single! Lol!

By the way, there was snow again today! J
--



2 comments:

SFGEMS said...

Happy is how you should feel everyday, just like the title of this post.

Shakun said...

:-) I agree.

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...