February 9, 2013

Snow covered roof tops again!


Walking back from dinner last night, the ground was wet and the air was cold; I assumed that it had rain while I was having dinner indoors. This morning, when I woke up and did the first thing that I do every morning i.e. look out the window (a habit that I started ever since I came here), I saw that everything was covered with snow! It is back! My heart fell. A couple of sunny days to brighten up my mood, and then as the weekend approaches, the snow comes back. Hmmm…

I thought that the weather was improving and as February moves on, I’ll get to see more sun, there’ll be less rain and the temperature will improve. But as I sat at the table, reading the online newspaper, I noticed that it was snowing quite heavily. I was like…aiyoh!!

About an hour later, as I walked from the bus stop to the office, I realized that the snow actually made every dry tree look pretty. Everything was white and pristine; everything looked so clean! And then I realized that I should enjoy the snow now, as this winter would probably be my first and last winter in a long time. Of course I started using my gloves again. Sighs…

I would love to see and experience the early beginnings of spring (hopefully in early March before I leave); but experiencing snow fall and actually having “smoke” or vapour coming out of my mouth…it’s something to remember for a lifetime! I won’t miss the constant runny nose though.

The office here is getting a couch!! They’re going to assemble it on Monday and it’s for everyone’s use for whatever purpose! Back home, there has been a debate in the office about whether or not to get a couch; well, I think we SHOULD get one! J

Anyway, I chatted with Jemimah today and she’s coming tomorrow! Best thing is…she’s staying at a hostel that is just 7 stops away from the station near me. I know how to get there and I don’t even have to change trains!! Yahoo!!! Now I am excited!

I just can’t believe another weekend is here already. It feels like only yesterday that I said ‘it’s the weekend again’! Tomorrow will mark my 4th week of being in Berlin i.e. 28 days!

--

2 comments:

SFGEMS said...

Snow! I love how you write about it, today.

It's all about the attitude!

Shakun said...

Haha! Positivism! !

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...