February 15, 2013

Valentine’s Day! - Getting back to routine


In one of the many emails that my sis and I write to each other, her latest said that everyone at home will have to get used to me being back, as everyone has sort of settled into their own rhythm. I told her that it’ll take time but soon, everything will be back as it was.

But this actually got me thinking; and just yesterday as I was talking to Anna, I remember telling her that it will take me some time to get back to routine as I started the year on a different lifestyle compared to my norm. I jumped into a new routine and work habit that I have now gotten used to, and returning back to the old style will probably push a few buttons. But I guess nothing (good) lasts forever. I’ll just have to adapt or change my routine back home, to make it the best of both worlds. Get what I mean?

Anyway, one month into my trip and being at the office here, and I am still confusing people and their names. Someone came looking for Miriam today and I went straight to Miriam and asked her if Miriam was in! Lol! I know almost everyone and their names except Yvonne and Miriam! I keep mixing them up!

My lunch with Robert and Claudia today didn’t’ happen as Carolijn and Aisling decided to take him out for their meeting and one shot have lunch. Hmmm….

It’s also Valentine’s Day! I didn’t receive any roses, chocolates or cards as expected; but I did receive lovely messages on FB from my family. I also did something to make a small difference in the world: Bibiana, Marie, Aisling, Alison and I went to Alexanderplatz and joined the 1Billion Rising Campaign that is happening around the world today. This campaign is about a pledge to end violence against women and girls. There were simultaneous flash mobs around the world. We rushed from the office, got stuck in the metro for about 10 minutes coz it wouldn’t move and then ran to the scene. Thankfully, when we reached the area, they had only just finished the rehearsal and we managed to participate in the event!! Despite watching the video before we left, neither of us could remember the steps but what the heck…it was the atmosphere and the fact that we were there that made all the difference! J I had thought of joining the one back home but then I found out that it’s all happening on the same day! Lol! I even told people here that I was going to compare the two! Haha!

I had dinner with Robert and Clod. It was supposed to be a work meeting but in the end, we decided to just continue working tomorrow. We had a wonderful time talking about culture, marriage, family, travels, experiences; all this while having a scrumptious Turkish dinner. I found out that Robert has a 20-year old daughter and 27-year old son who studied at Oxford (Robert went to Cambridge!). Amidst our talk about marriage and finding partners, Robert told us that he knows of a few girls whom he thinks would suit his son but his son will never listen to him. Lol! And then when I told them about my grandmother and aunts matchmaking me and asking me to find a guy here, Robert told me to play a joke on them: to take a picture with a really big, ugly guy, make him write a sweet note to me behind the picture and then tell them that this is my choice! Lol!!

I also found out that Mattias, Clod’s friend whom I think is cute has broken up with his girlfriend. Poor thing! Haha! Seems she was the one who broke up with him and he’s heartbroken. L Clod said that the girlfriend was not a nice person, always jealous and possessive. Hmmm…

Well….it’s Freitag again tomorrow! That’s almost one week gone of my remaining 4 weeks. Sighs…Just as I am starting to enjoy myself and feel comfortable, time is running out.

--

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...