February 20, 2013

Snow and Wind


I once again slept early last night. I had nothing to do online and there was nothing to watch on TV. So I turned on the radio and listened to music till I fell asleep.

I woke up earlier this morning as I had a Skype call at 9.30am with my boss back in Penang and I didn’t want to be late. There was snow and wind this morning; and my first thought was “I hope I’ll be able to walk straight if the wind blew!” Lol! Turns out, it was drizzling and as some of the snow had melted, the walkways were wet and slippery!!! Instead of worrying about the wind, I had to worry about not slipping and falling on my butt.

When I reached the office, there was no one around! Granted, it was only 8.50am; but up till 10am, and still no one was around!! I had my Skype which lasted 22 minutes; half way through it, then only people started coming in!!

As my time here slowly comes to an end, I realized that I haven’t been to a flea market or second-hand shop. Berlin is said to be famous for these places. But I suppose with my weekdays filled with work and weekends with sightseeing, I have justification. Bibiana still wants to go to at least one flea market with me but I’m wondering when since the flea markets only open on Sundays. I guess I don’t need to go to a second hand shop here as I don’t intend on buying any clothing back. Plus…as I’m now starting to worry about excess baggage, I’m being careful about what souvenirs to bring home. Although I said I am willing to pay for the excess baggage, but still…to pay say Euro100 for an excess of 2 kilos?

Anyway…it started snowing quite heavily after lunch! All of a sudden, it was as though someone released bags and bags of miniscule cotton balls!! Funny thing was, the snow was flying UPWARDS because of the wind!! And then….about 15 minutes later, the sun came out!! And then is snowed again!! Crazy!! It was snowing off and on, and when I left the office, I felt like I was walking through foam!

With 20 days to go, I’m having mixed feelings. I want to go home and see my family and friends; but at the same time I’m going to be leaving my new friends with a heavy heart. Somehow, I just know that will not be in touch with some of them, and that is sad. Sighs…

--

3 comments:

SFGEMS said...

Well, even though you think you'll feel sad when you leave, the moment you see your family, you'll forget the sadness.

Make happy memories. Don't let your mind get bogged down by thoughts of leaving. Not yet.

Enjoy until the last second.

Vayshna said...

I echo Aunty Lita's words! You'll be so glad to see me!! hahahaha!

Shakun said...

:-) I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you, Shna, and also how you've treated my car!! Lol!!

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...